Bitdefender is far from the last in the ranking of the best antivirus software for 2022. It offers excellent protection features that handle most threats. It is easy to use and is available on any operating system. In addition, the rates of this antivirus are an order of magnitude lower than those of its competitors. But despite all the advantages that Bitdefender has, it cannot be suitable for every user. Therefore, if you find yourself among those whose antivirus requirements failed to meet, you should know how to cancel your Bitdefender subscription and get a refund.
How can I cancel my Bitdefender subscription through my Windows or Mac desktop device?
To cancel your Bitdefender antivirus subscription through a Windows or Mac computer or laptop, you can turn to two ways: to cancel your subscription through Bitdefender Central. To do this, you need to:
- Go to the official Bitdefender Central website and log in to your account
- On the left side of the screen, you will see the “my subscriptions” tab. Click on it
- Then, at the top of the screen, you will see another tab called “my payments.” Click on it
- You will see a list of subscriptions; all you need to do is find Bitdefender among them and click on “more details.”
- Click on the “manage subscription renewal options” tab
- Cancel your subscription with the help of “stop auto-renewal” button
If you purchased Bitdefender at least 30 days ago, you are eligible for a refund. To apply for a refund through Bitdefender Central, go to that antivirus support page and contact them via chat, call, or email. Prepare the details of your order, and let support know that you want a refund. The refund process can take up to 5 days.
The second way to cancel your Bitdefender subscription is through 2Checkout:
- Go to 2Checkout (2CO)
- You will need to enter either your email address from which the order was placed or your order number when you log in. Then click on “send access,” and a link to the system access will come to our email
- Go to your email and follow the link no later than 1 hour, because then the access period expires
- Click on “continue” and open a tab “my products” in the new window
- Alike the first method, find Bitdefender in the list and to disable autoprolongation, but before you do so you are required to choose the reason why you are withdrawing it
- For a refund, contact support by email and give them your order number and ask for a refund
How do I cancel my Bitdefender subscription on iOS?
If you don’t know how to turn off Bitdefender on your iPhone or iPad, here are step-by-step instructions:
- Open Settings
- On top of the screen is your Apple ID, tap on it
- Click the subscriptions tab
- Find the mobile version of Bitdefender antivirus in the list of subscriptions
- Unsubscribe and confirm your action
In the case of iOS, you can only expect a refund within 14 days of purchasing the product because you have purchased an antivirus subscription not through the Bitdefender website but through the App Store. To request a refund on Apple, you must:
- Go to the report a problem apple site
- Click on “Request a refund” and select the reason you want a refund
- In the list of purchased items, find Bitdefender Mobile Security and then “submit” Shortly after your request, Apple will contact you to confirm your request