TorGuard is slightly different from most VPN offerings as it was designed specifically for P2P file-sharing users. This article will consider the functionality of this service.
Why do we use VPN?
With the rapid development of the computer industry, there is a need to protect the information, to securely transmit and disseminate it. Information protection is one of the main constant problems in its achievement and implementation. In this case, the most appropriate option would be to use VPNs.
VPN is a secure, encrypted connection of the user to the network, with which he can bypass local restrictions and maintain privacy. To connect to a VPN, simply install the desired mobile application and activate this function.
When a user logs on to the network, his device is assigned a unique IP address. It allows third parties to identify it and spy on it – see what sites it opens, what information it looks for in search engines, what it buys, and so on. This makes it possible:
- bypass local restrictions. If you choose a foreign VPN, then local bans will cease to apply, and sites blocked on the territory of his country will become available to the user.
- maintain anonymity. With an activated VPN service, the internet connection is encrypted, so user data will not be exposed to third parties.
There are two main types of VPN:
- Remote access. Allows you to connect to the corporate network via a private encrypted tunnel. This is useful when working with an unreliable access point like public Wi-Fi;
- “Node-node”. It is mainly used in a corporate environment, in particular, when the company has several offices with different locations. It connects the main office with the branches: this creates a closed internal network, where all offices are connected to each other.
TorGuard – a good alternative to VPN service
TorGuard is one of the newer brands that was only launched in 2012. Despite a tough start due to obstacles thwarting payment companies such as PayPal, TorGuard is growing rapidly and today offers its customers more than 3,000 servers in over 50 countries. The service is considered a high-end network. Strong encryption, provides subscribers with many options. In addition, TorGuard provides a budget VPN service with fast connection speeds and quality customer service.
In other words, a VPN from TorGuard is:
- Strong encryption OpenVPN;
- Peer-to-peer support;
- Lots of protocols and encryption options;
- Servers in over 50 countries;
- Customer support.
TorGuard VPN servers are located in many countries. This feature allows subscribers to unblock a lot of interesting content. It also means that no matter where you are, TorGuard will have a server near you for the best connection speed.
TorGuard allows subscribers to establish five simultaneous connections. The kill switch is available on OS X and Windows platforms, but not on the mobile client. It can be turned on and off in software. Apart from this, you can also choose to have the application completely close the Internet connection after closing the TorGuard client.
- TorGuard has many advanced settings, but they are cleverly organized within the application. Additional security levels are added here, there is a switch for proxy servers, custom scripts are launched.
- Using TorGuard is very simple: just download the application from the website and install it. Next, you need to log into your account, go to the “Downloads” section and click on the button for the device on which you will use the VPN.
- The website contains a lot of useful information, but the navigation is not the most intuitive. The developers don’t try too hard to explain basic concepts and don’t use the easiest English language.