You can buy your domain from various domain registration site. They offer different price and features and also hosting for your website. NameCheap and GoDaddy both give you domain registration service.
From the beginning, NameCheap has developed a strong market as a leading domain registrar. With 4 million domain registration, NameCheap is mainly working as domain registry services. It also provides web hosting, email hosting, security, and cloud-based services.
GoDaddy is the largest domain registrar having 30% of the domain registry market share. GoDaddy has around 59 million domains registered worldwide. GoDaddy also provides email aliases, online marketing tools, search engine optimization, privacy protection, and subdomains
The truth is, from where you buy your domain isn’t that much crucial as getting your hosting is. But, yes, the service provider has some differences in them. Their price, interface, customer experiences are different. Let’s find the comparison between NameCheap and GoDaddy.
Difference between GoDaddy and NameCheap
Pros of GoDaddy
- Domain Registry: GoDaddy is known for the most Largest and trusted brand for domain registry.
- Easy Purchase: From GoDaddy, consumer can easily purchase and select their domain name.
- Easy Navigation: With GoDaddy, navigating all the websites are quite easy and it is also easy to understand their offerings.
- Customer Support: With GoDaddy, You can have 24/7 customer support for any kind of problem you face.
- Wide Range of Services: You can have a wide range of services with GoDaddy- from domain registry to hosting and other additional services.
Cons of GoDaddy
- Hard Check Out: New user can face difficulties in their check-out process. It can also cause confusion to the customers sometimes.
- Integration Problem: The problem is, GoDaddy’s Domain manager is not integrated into the same window. But others have used the same window to features their domain manager.
- Difficult Domain Transfer: If need to transfer your domain, the domain transfer process can be very difficult with GoDaddy.
- Upselling: In GoDaddy, there are too many instances of upselling
- Pop-Up: GoDaddy has a lot of pop-up specials on the screen due to its promotions and upsells tactics.
Pros of NameCheap
- Service and Security: NameCheap has developed a very Good service and security features for their customers.
- ICANN: It has ICANN Accreditation
- Easy Transfer: In NameCheap, the domains are simple to transfer to another domain service provider.
- Upselling: NameCheap has maintained very Minimal upsell tactics in domain registry services.
- Helpdesk: To resolve customer’s problems, NameCheap has designed a decent knowledgeable help desk and support system.
- Price Plan: NameCheap has maintained very competitive price points for all services.
Cons of NameCheap
- New Domain: Sometimes in NameCheap, some new domain extensions can be very expensive.
- Improvement: There are some parts in the customer support needs improving.
NameCheap and GoDaddy both are very good at their services. One comes with a cheap rate another comes with huge features. Though GoDaddy has around 30% of the market share of the domain, NameCheap is gaining popularity these days.